Monday, February 11, 2013

Color Club - Fiesta Collection picks & swatches

UPDATE 2/13/2013

I just found 5 shades from this collection listed on Birchbox. They seem to be brand new, and I can not find much about them anywhere else. Throughout this review I have referred to these as The Spring Collection, but Birchbox has corrected me with : The Fiesta Collection.

*Note that the description on the Birchbox page in the Editor's Tip section is from the Poptastic Collection.

 Now that I have posted spoilers of the upcoming February Birchbox, I hope that I don't receive Wild Cactus in my lovely pink box of awesome this month!
 __________________________________________________________________________________

 Never judge a polish by its' bottle shot.

  A couple of days ago, my Color Club order from Enospring got here. I got 4 shades from the 2013 Halo Hues Collection (more on those in a later post.) and also 4 shades from the 2013 Spring Collection. The Spring Collection was $4.50 a bottle when I got them, but seem to have went up a little. The shipping was lightning fast from New Jersey, free for orders over $30, and were packaged a lot better than I had expected.

  The 2013 Spring Collection consists of 12 shades, and all had a very familiar look about them. I couldn't find swatches anywhere at the time I was ordering, so I chanced it. I'm glad I did, because I ended up having nothing like any of them in my stash.
  
 Left to Right: In Theory, Endless Summer, Bright Night, Wild Cactus

 I also recently got the swatchpops I had ordered, and have been working like mad at getting my collection finished. It is very time consuming, because for most of the shades I tip the ends in white. (I am very guilty of wearing white underneath almost everything,  because the tips of my nails are quite pigmented, [see my Diamond Strength post.] leaving me with a gradient look a lot of the time- whether I wanted it or not.) The point of all this is, they will be GREAT for comparison posts.The wheels are so confining, and I don't know how many times I've felt like the world had ended because I got a new shade that I wanted in between the old ones.

 I haven't had the chance to use these on my hands yet, but I did get them on the 'Pops so that I could share them with you all at once. The formula is a little on the thin side, but they dry with a Satin finish. I used 2 coats for all of these, and tipped the ends with a white base as well. I like leaving the swatches a little sheered out instead of adding a third coat, to leave room for creativity while browsing them. 

  • In Theory - Is a pink toned orange. The pictures wanted to lean more towards the pumpkin side of orange, but in real life its a beautiful pinky peach.
  • Endless Summer - Would either need the full nail with a white base, or a third coat for a fully opaque finish on my nails.Seeing one like this that is a little sheer, automatically makes me want to try it in a sandwich. It is a sheer medium blue.
  • Bright Night - Yet another one from the Spring Collection that has a very Summer feel. I can't decide if it is a blue leaning purple, or a purple leaning blue. This blurple is gorgeous. It screams "Flakie me up!"
  • Wild Cactus - The only word I can think of to describe this green is Lush. I was worried that it would turn overly dark on the second coat and require a tedious one coat application, but that was not the case. It stayed true to a jungle/grass/Wild Cactus green on the second coat. It is a surprise favorite for that very reason.


 This was actually the first picture I took of them, and then moved them around to put in the bottles. I didn't realize I had gotten them out of order. (Sorry about that!) And by the time I figured it out, I had already put top coat on them. The satin finish is a lot more evident in this than the bottle and 'pop shot, though.


 And finally, here they are with topcoat. Beautiful, glossy, perfection. I'm excited to get these on my hands and see if I can capture some more true-to-life pictures, but I had to share them now.

*The item(s) in this post were purchased by me.

2 comments:

  1. So hard to find swatches for this collection! Thank you for this post! I'm gonna snag bright night and wild cactus!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw the boxed set at my local ROSS store today for 7.99. Definitely going back tomorrow to get it!

    ReplyDelete