Friday, February 1, 2013

Born Pretty Sore - My First Haul!

The majority of my posts so far have been quite image heavy, and this one is no exception.

I recently found Born Pretty Store and waited a nanosecond before picking things out for my first order. Shipping from Singapore to the U.S didn't take very long, and the items arrived nicely packaged and wrapped separately in bubble wrap.


First, I got these awesome Steel Ball Caviar Beads. I have so far only used the black ones on an accent nail, and had lovely results. This is normally a one-day manicure, but I tested their strength and wore them for 3 days. By the end of the second; most of the color had rubbed off leaving a cool shiny silver, but they hadn't started falling off yet, granting them a third day of wear.


And now on to the colors!




Next, I got some Mylar Flakes. Oh yes, you read that right. Loose, flakey goodness. These are easily the product that I am most excited about from this order. I haven't gotten down to brass tacks and tried them out yet, and only manage to stare at them dumbly.


I am undecided whether I want to use these for individual manicures or attempt at frankening. Either way, they are all gorgeous!




Another find that can possibly be used for some frankens is this lovely set of Bar Glitters. They came in a very nice set of colors that I can definitely see myself using.





Next Up is the obligatory set of glitters. I did not choose the normal hexagonal go-to, I opted for their Round Glitter. Much like the Bar Glitters, they came in an impressive collection of colors.





I also got an individual pot of White Round Glitter. This I got for use with a Black Glitter polish, but have yet to try it. The size is larger than the pots that came in the 12 Color Collections.


 I have a few mini-bottles of glitters and things, and wanted some containers to put them in so I grabbed a few of these Pot/Container Box Sets. Only the Round Glitter came in one, leaving quite a few loose jars- so I think I may be looking into a new storage option.


Of course, I had to peruse their plate offerings, and lucked up because they were on sale. I only picked 3, so the hunt for character plates continue!

 


What's that you say? No character on this plate?!


Why, it's Marie from Aristocats! I fell into a complete stage of giddy when I found this one.

I was also sent a free gift of Hello Kitty stickers that are very cute, I want the other designs!



I am already putting together my next order, ha!

*The items in this post were purchased by me.

No comments:

Post a Comment