Thursday, January 31, 2013

Sally Hansen - Diamond Strength

We all have a few base coats in our collections that we switch back and forth between. I have a tendency to reach for the same few quite a lot, and somehow forget about this one every so often.  As it is only advertised as a hardener, it is likely to be passed over when looking for a good base.
 
It does get thick rather quickly; but a bottle of polish restore/thinner is a must-have for any collection, and keeps the consistency very workable. The main reason why I like using this as a base, is the dry-down texture. It stays kind of tacky, and really does grab the polish. That same reason though, obviously rules it out as a good top coat.

I use this paired with Zoya Remove+ as a prep, and Seche Vite as a top coat and have gotten around a week of wear from every polish I have tried with this method. Absolutely perfect for those busy weeks! And the bonus? My nails are noticeably stronger in the past month or so that I have been using this as my base.


*The item(s) in this post were purchased by me.

No comments:

Post a Comment