Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Quasi-Valentines Mani/Review/Swatch SuperPost!

 I am sitting on a couple of other posts, but I absolutely had to share this one first. Wanting to stray from the usual Valentine's theme shades, I decided to change it up.


Items Used

Main Fingers

  • Base Coat -  None. 
  • 2 Coats - Color Club - Harp On It
  • Stamped With - MASH Black Stamping Polish & XL Stamper
  • Plate - Pueen 02

 

Accent Finger 

  • Base Coat - Sally Hansen - Diamond Strength
  • 1 Coat - Wet n' Wild - Black Crème
  • Stamped/Dotted With - Color Club - Harp On It & XL Stamper, XS end
  • PlatePueen 12 --- the same bow can be found slightly larger on Cheeky 01

 

Pueen Image Plates 

    This manicure is more fancy than it is Valentine's. I had a "dress/tuxedo date night" look in my head. I probably should have used a different print for the full nail stamping. There are plenty in this collection with hearts, and yet I chose dots. It makes no difference, I am in love with it all the same.

    I finally got to use the Pueen plates properly, not just on a piece of paper. They preformed just like I had expected. Wonderfully. The etchings are not so shallow that you scrape everything off without trying, and not so deep that polish stays puddled up in the center after the transfer.

   I had some small issues with the size, on my thumbnail. The image was not wide/long enough, and I tried to stretch it across to compensate. It almost worked. The next time, I will do a tape-up mani on my thumb for a half- accent nail to match whatever is on my ring. Crisis averted.


Color Club - Harp On It

 My love affair with Holographic polishes have been running rampant lately, and this one is no exception. There is not much I can say about this Silver beauty that hasn't already been said by every NailGirl ever, except maybe, if you don't have it- scoop it up before prices sky rocket. That reason in itself is why this new collection of Linear Holos are my first samplings of a nail addicts staple. Seeing swatches (and prices!) of things like O.P.I - DS Desire makes me want to kick myself for not having been collecting sooner.
 Although I absolutely love this polish, I don't see me using it on its' own very often. My skin tone + the color of the polish when there is no light hitting it being the main factors in that decision. I was pleasantly surprised at the stampability (NWotD) of Harp On It, and am looking forward to trying it with a full nail design. No photo can do a holographic effect any justice to seeing it in real life.


Random Bits

  • Being a Baby Nail Blogger is tough work when you have a years worth of "unpublished posts" in your head from before you buckled down and created one.
  • I think that I may have to start doing a few posts a day when I have time, and save them to the queue to publish for me until I can get caught up a little. Blogging is new to me, Nail Polish and manicures are the obsession.
  • I am excited to have found out a little bit more about the Color Club polishes that I recently got, and look forward to seeing more swatches from The Fiesta Collection.
 Have you gotten the Pueen stamping plates? If you have, are you as in love with them as I am? And has the Halo Hues Collection been dominating all of your free time as well?

*The item(s) in this post were purchased by me.

No comments:

Post a Comment