Monday, February 4, 2013

Simple Valentine's Day Mani

Since Valentine's Day is still over a week away, and I knew that I would want to have another one (or two!) before then, I decided to go for a simple one to kick things off.

Using the stickers that Born Pretty sent me as a gift with my first order, and a dotting tool I added a little bit of whimsy to China Glaze Phat Santa. The dots are Dance Baby, also from CG. I got a little carried away with the Seche Vite on the ring finger and wound up with a little crinkle at the edge that is a lot less noticeable in person, ha!


Phat Santa: While very buildable, goes on sheer but dries with a delicious squishy glass-jelly finish. I really want to see what this looks like under a matte top coat. The blue-tone in the red gave me the Chocolate Candy heart box feels that I had been craving, (Why yes, I am in my late twenties and expect one from my pappaw every year. I get him one too.) making it the perfect base for a little nostalgia. Shown here is 3 coats of the jelly. (Crelly? I don't know. I'm still mastering my finishes.)

Dance Baby: A few dots of this youthful pink cream polish left a ribbon like touch to a very plain, but classic red nail. The more I look at it, I'm kind of wishing that I had inverted the ring finger, and had the full nail in this and the dots in red. You paint, you learn.

The glitter Stickers took very little time to add some decoration. The longest part was getting the sticker off the sheet, but the adhesion is good, so it makes up for it. The style I am wearing is from the XF182 sheet, but there are 24 cute Hello Kitty themed sheets to choose from. (I couldn't take it and had to have them all. Did you see the witch and mermaid ones?!)

Random Bits
  • I took quite a bit of length of my nails while filing, just trying to get them evened up. Which has yet to happen for me. They are a lot easier to manage at this length, and things as simple as opening a can of pop is now less than equivalent to a level 4 disaster. They looked straight at the time I finally dropped the file, but now they look worse. Maybe its the angle. Maybe my vision is lopsided. 
  • However, I did also get a straight edge nail clipper in the order that I made for those other stickers, and am hopeful that my days of partially square nails will be over.
  • I also have my picks from the Color Club Halo Hues 2013 Collection coming soon, as well as a few from their 2013 Spring Collection creams line. I am not sure if that is the name of the collection, but I found them at Enospring while getting the Halo Hues and couldn't resist a few of the shades. They are also listed on Amazon with a bigger picture.
*The item(s) in this post were purchased by me, but included a free gift with order.

No comments:

Post a Comment